Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Real Estate Investor Round Table Discussion

The other night Entrust Freedom had a great after hours meeting at their new location 1520 Royal Palm Sq #320 Fort Myers FL. By the way, I must say; beautiful new offices in Fort Myers, congrats on the upgrade. Entrust had a half dozen real estate experts present reasons why now is a good time to buy and invest in Southwest Florida. Entrust Freedom offers a self-direct IRA which allow you to invest your IRA money into real estate essentially tax free. Opps, I better say, “I am not a tax advisor, nor is any info in my blog tax advice, you should consult your accountant.” However I am a client of Entrust Freedom and have been purchasing real estate with my IRA for a couple years now. What a growth in assets I have seen even in this difficult market we are in. The meeting was amazing, there were well over 30 folks around the conference table from a vast array of knowledge bases, in real estate. At the table there were investors, contractors, realtors, and financers all who are very successful in their own rights. What I thought was amazing, besides the presentations by Ravenwood Homes, Great job guys, was the articles Dave had printed off that night from WSJ.

One article, “Home Affordability Returns to Pre-Bubble Levels, if you want more, read my son’s opinion. The other article was “Cash Buyers Lift Housing.” It was amazing that Nationally all cash transactions hit 28% in 2010. This goes to say that people are out there buying and they have the ability to purchase like no other time before. Many of these cash buyers were taking money out of their stock portfolio and looking for gains from rents collected on real estate. Rent prices have not dropped too far in Cape Coral and Fort Myers and Lehigh Acres, so a purchaser can often get returns greater than 12%, for me that is great. I am one of the many baby boomers that have seen my stock portfolio take a huge hit, so I too have chosen real estate as a safer investment with a better ROI than I have seen in stocks. If you are considering like the 30 plus professionals in the room to invest in real estate in 2011 and want some good advice, good service, and someone with a keen eye on details email me today. My son and I are working as a team researching great foreclosure opportunities for rent and hold, and every now and then buy and flip. Long term the hold will prove to be more profitable is my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment